FASB’s Invitation to Comment (ITC) agenda consultation process received more than 500 responses requesting guidance concerning accounting for crypto assets.
- Companies with, or contemplating, investments in crypto assets.
- Respondents to the FASB’s agenda consultation process called for urgent action to account for certain crypto assets, like bitcoin and ether, at fair value on a recurring basis with changes in earnings.
- Respondents cited other proposed changes that could be addressed in future phase(s).
- Introduction and background
- ITC comments – while you hold a crypto intangible assets
- ITC comments on prioritization
- Other ITC comments on crypto asset accounting
- ITC comments – digital assets other than crypto assets