Using Q&As and examples, KPMG provides interpretive guidance on consolidation-related accounting issues in applying ASC 810.
- Companies that present consolidated financial statements
- Companies with interests in variable and/or voting interest entities
This September 2021 edition incorporates updated guidance on:
- Rabbi trusts consolidation considerations
- Embedded derivatives
- Insignificant ‘other interest’ held by a decision-maker
- NCI measurement in a common control transaction
- Considerations for consolidation of not-for-profits by for-profit sponsors
- What is a variable interest?
- What is a variable interest entity?
- Who consolidates a voting interest entity?
- Who consolidates a variable interest entity?
- Consolidation and deconsolidation procedures
- Presentation and disclosure
- Not-for-profit entities, entities controlled by contract, combined and parent-only financial statements
- Expected losses and expected residual returns