KPMG addresses frequently asked questions about applying the fair value measurement and disclosure guidance under US GAAP and IFRS Standards. This latest edition has been updated for newly effective accounting standards and other practice developments.
- ASC 820 and IFRS 13
- All companies whose financial statements include fair value estimates, either in measuring the carrying amount of assets and/or liabilities or in note disclosures.
This edition has been updated for:
- ASU 2016-13, Measurement of credit losses on financial instruments.
- ASU 2017-04, Simplifying the test for goodwill impairment.
- ASU 2020-03, Codification improvements to financial instruments.
- ASU 2020-04, Facilitation of the effects of reference rate reform on financial reporting.
- Other recent practice developments and evolving interpretations.