Using Q&As and examples, KPMG provides interpretive guidance on consolidation-related accounting issues in applying ASC 810.
- Companies that present consolidated financial statements
- Companies with interests in variable and/or voting interest entities
- What is a variable interest?
- What is a variable interest entity?
- Who consolidates a voting interest entity?
- Who consolidates a variable interest entity?
- Consolidation and deconsolidation procedures
- Presentation and disclosure
- Not-for-profit entities, entities controlled by contract, combined and parent-only financial statements
- Expected losses and expected residual returns