2019 AICPA Conference on Current SEC and PCAOB Developments
KPMG reports on the important messages coming from this year’s conference. An overarching theme became apparent: The accounting profession must respond to – and even embrace – rapid change related to stakeholder expectations, technology and economic landscapes, all while maintaining the high quality financial reporting that is essential to our capital markets.
- Companies face the discontinuation of LIBOR, demands for additional corporate information, and other emerging issues.
- Staff from the SEC’s Office of the Chief Accountant described recent consultations on the new revenue, leases, and credit losses standards.
- Staff from the SEC’s Division of Corporation Finance discussed expectations for non-GAAP financial measures and structured payables disclosures.
- The requirement for an auditor to include critical audit matters (CAMs) in its report represents the most significant update to the auditor’s report in decades.
- Rising to the challenges of rapid change
- Is your company prepared to respond to emerging issues?
- New accounting standards – Can you see the light at the end of the tunnel?
- How is your company affected by the rapid pace of technological change?
- How has the SEC responded to rapid change in the accounting profession?
- How will the PCAOB’s work affect your company?
KPMG webcast on Jan 16: SEC trends for year-end reporting and 2020