SEC solicits input on quarterly reporting requirements
KPMG reports on the SEC’s request for comment on the nature and timing of disclosures required in Form 10-Q. The SEC also seeks input on promoting efficiency and flexibility to the existing periodic reporting system, and the effect that current requirements have on corporate decision making.
Release No. 33-10588; 34-84842; File No. S7-26-18
- Public companies with quarterly reporting requirements
Comments are due on or before March 21, 2019.
The request for comment seeks input on:
- The nature and timing of quarterly disclosures, including areas of potential overlap with earnings releases
- Efficiencies that reduce unnecessary duplication of information in quarterly filings while maintaining appropriate investor protection
- The appropriate frequency of periodic reporting
- How the current system may affect decision making and strategic thinking, including whether it fosters an overly short-term focus by investors