Ashby Corum, KPMG Washington National Tax partner, and Angie Storm, KPMG Department of Professional Practice partner, join host John Barbagallo in another installment of our podcast series on the accounting implications of the recently enacted IRA and CHIPS legislation – with a focus on accounting for transferable credits.
- All US taxpayers using transferable credits in the IRA legislation
- CHIPS enactment: August 9, 2022
- Inflation Reduction Act enactment: August 16, 2022
- For dates relating to specific provisions, see KPMG publication Analysis and observations: Tax law changes in the "Inflation Reduction Act of 2022"
- 00:30 - Introduction
- 01:00 - How transferable credits work
- 01:35 - Will a transferable credit market emerge?
- 02:45 - Transferable credit accounting model
- 06:30 - Accounting for the sale of the credit at a discount
- 08:15 - Accounting for the purchase of the credit at a discount