Maura Hodge, KPMG IMPACT Audit Leader, and the KPMG Department of Professional Practice share their observations on responses to the SEC’s climate proposal. To download our podcast, see link above. You may also download our survey here.
SEC Release Nos. 33-11042 and 34-94478
- Registrants with Exchange Act reporting obligations pursuant to Exchange Act Section 13(a) or Section 15(d), and companies filing a Securities Act or Exchange Act registration statement
- Includes Foreign Private Issuers
- 00:45 – About the survey
- 02:00 – General sentiment
- 04:30 – Financial statement disclosures
- 07:00 – Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions disclosures
- 10:20 – Other disclosures, based on the Task Force for Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), transition and safe harbor
- 13:20 – Next steps for the SEC and for companies
- 15:45 – Resources
About the survey: The SEC received well over 4,000 unique responses to its climate proposal, with the vast majority coming from individual members of the general public. We chose 150 responses that represented a variety of industries and respondent types.