In this podcast, specialists from our Department of Professional Practice discuss the implications for the financial statements before, during and after bankruptcy – and the potential for discontinued operations.
- All companies
- Effective immediately
- 01:20 – What CFOs and controllers should be thinking about if considering bankruptcy
- 03:30 – Pre-bankruptcy, including debt arrangements
- 06:00 – When a sold business should be reclassified as a discontinued operation
- 08:00 – During bankruptcy and financial reporting considerations under Chapter 11 protection
- 13:35 – Post-bankruptcy, including fresh start accounting
Handbook: Discontinued operations & HFS disposal groups
Latest edition: Our in-depth guide to ASC 205-20 and held-for-sale disposal groups under ASC 360-10.